This camp focuses on the lawmaking process and teaches kids how to create their own laws.
- They learn about the legislative process including: drafting bills, proposing amendments, and ultimately hosting a formal Congressional session.
- Kids collectively select an issue to tackle, form political parties, and then engage in Battle of the Bills. The different parties debate the specific bills and analyze the merits of each position.
- Kids will develop problem solving skills, negotiation techniques, and self-confidence in public speaking.
Time and Day Options:
- 6/30 7/1 & 7/2: 10am-11am CST or 4pm-5pm CST
- 7/28 7/29 & 7/30: 11am-12pm CST or 5pm-6pm CST
- 8/23 8/24 & 8/25: 12pm-1pm CST or 6pm-7pm CST