This session uses themes of superheroes and wizards to improve our thinking, listening and speaking skills.
- Kids pick a superpower and explain why their skill could take down the Cookie Thief. This builds critical thinking and public-speaking skills.
- Kids become wizards, create super speaker potions, and practice delivering spells in front of others to build their self-confidence.
- 6/25: 1-1:45pm CST or 7-7:45pm CST
- 7/9: 11-11:45am CST or 4-4:45pm CST
- 8/6: 10-10:45am CST or 5-5:45pm CST
The Debate It Forward Big 3 Skills focus on developing and improving our Listening, Thinking, and Speaking skills by building the following micro-skills into our curriculum. They include the following focal points:
- LISTENING: Active Listening, Perspective Taking, Empathy, and Cooperation
- THINKING: Creative Thinking, Logical Reasoning, Problem-Solving
- SPEAKING: Confidence, Story-Telling, Public Speaking