“Stellar Story Tellers" pretty much sums up this one - we’re creating and telling stories! We spend a little time describing key story parts and how we can use our voice and body to share, but we really focus on telling stories. This DiF Mini invites your kiddo to finish the following story stem, for example, in their silliest way: “Once upon a time, a fire breathing dragon learned that he was really afraid of fire. So he decided to ___.” In addition, to completing our stories we teach our kiddos how to make eye contact with others and use the right volume for our audience. And equally important, we teach each other what it means to be a supportive community member. And why listening deeply and actively cheering emboldens and strengthens all of us. This one’s definitely about story-telling, but it also models how we can be kind to one another.
Each class includes up to 6 students and tons of wiggle breaks.
- 6/15 & 6/16: 10am-10:45am CST or 5pm-5:45pm CST
- 7/6 & 7/7: 1pm-1:45pm CST or 7pm-7:45pm
- 8/3 & 8/4: 11am-11:45am CST or 4pm-4:45pm CST
The Debate It Forward Big 3 Skills focus on developing and improving our Listening, Thinking, and Speaking skills by building the following micro-skills into our curriculum. They include the following focal points:
- LISTENING: Active Listening, Perspective Taking, Empathy, and Cooperation
- THINKING: Creative Thinking, Logical Reasoning, Problem-Solving
- SPEAKING: Confidence, Story-Telling, Public Speaking