In this camp, kids use their voice to promote change on issues that matter to them.
- Kids learn core advocacy skills and practice them with low-stakes (but important!) issues like, kids should have later bedtimes.
- Each kid also selects an issue of their choice and creates and delivers an advocacy presentation (e.g. a speech, a poem, a project).
- This camp develops awareness of societal issues, the ability to act on important issues, confidence in expressing their concerns. It creates a sense of agency and the feeling that they can make a difference.
Time and Day Options:
- 6/14 & 6/15: 12pm-1pm CST or 6pm-7pm CST
- 7/12 & 7/13: 1pm-2pm CST or 7pm-8pm CST
- 8/9 & 8/10: 10am-11am CST or 4pm-5pm CST