At a DiF Biggles Camp, we'll:
- Play scavenger hunt games to tickle the curiosity bone and learn how to develop and research essential questions (...and we promise to make this fun!)
- Take local field trips or invite experts to our camp to get firsthand perspectives on particular issues.
- Ask provocative questions and hold debates over important questions...like:
- “Do drones infringe upon privacy rights?” We’ll meet a drone instructor and legal expert to discuss their views (...and yes...we’ll all get a turn at flying the drone!).
- We’ll debate juvenile justice and visit the Daley Center Courthouse to witness a live trial and then debrief the proceedings with the judge. She’ll share her perspectives and what she’s encountered in the lives of young people. Our afternoon debate is sure to provoke the passions and intellect.
Finally, we build in ample time to blow off steam at our Park District location and simply enjoy summer with cool camp counselors and kids from all over Chi-Town.
Every camp day is DiF-ferent, but one thing is consistent - your child will really enjoy this inclusive learning environment.
IN-PERSON: Summer Camp (Rising 6th Grade-9th Grade)