At a DiF Middles Camp, we'll:
- Play scavenger hunt games to tickle the curiosity bone and learn how to develop and research essential questions (...and we promise to make this fun!)
- Take local field trips or invite experts to our camp to get firsthand perspectives on particular issues.
- Ask provocative questions and hold debates over important questions...like:
- “Do you think we should colonize other planets?” We’ll then visit Chicago’s Adler Planetarium to research this topic and meet with experts to hear their views.
- We'll then debate the merits of exploring the cosmos.
- We might also discuss media censorship by visiting WGN News to see a live news show recording and talk to the hosts about censorship.
- This topic always makes for lively discussion when we return to camp, pair off in teams of two, and let the sparks fly!
Finally, we build in ample time to blow off steam at our Park District location and simply enjoy summer with cool camp counselors and kids from all over Chi-Town.
Every camp day is DiF-ferent, but one thing is consistent - your child will really enjoy this inclusive learning environment.
IN-PERSON: Summer Camp (Rising 4th Grade-6th Grade)