This class draws on popular Disney themes and stories to improve our thinking, listening and speaking skills.
- Kids determine which Disney character is the All Time Best and gives reasons for supporting their claim. We practice critical thinking, speaking, and empathy - especially when others disagree with us.
- Kids explore some classic Disney dilemmas like, “Why isn’t a monster like Mike Wazowski not very scary?” Kids debate and discuss using critical reasoning and creativity.
- 6/30: 1-1:45pm CST or 7-7:45pm CST
- 7/20: 11-11:45am CST or 4-4:45pm CST
- 8/17: 10-10:45am CST or 5-5:45 CST
The Debate It Forward Big 3 Skills focus on developing and improving our Listening, Thinking, and Speaking skills by building the following micro-skills into our curriculum. They include the following focal points:
- LISTENING: Active Listening, Perspective Taking, Empathy, and Cooperation
- THINKING: Creative Thinking, Logical Reasoning, Problem-Solving
- SPEAKING: Confidence, Story-Telling, Public Speaking