“Brain Buzz” is all about decision making and how we make good choices, a topic that promotes healthy self-regulation throughout life. We create a silly scenario, for example, and look at goofy pictures of people in three different outfits and ask ourselves: “What’s the best outfit to wear today...and why? Is it (a) the bathing suit and cowboy boots, (b) the skin diving wetsuit, or (c) the raincoat and boots?” Our lively discussions are always fun, but they teach kids how to think about and weigh the consequences of our decisions - a vital feature in self-control. Kids have a blast with this one, and you’ll notice how you can interact DiF-ferently with your kiddo and support their decision making.
Each class includes up to 6 students and tons of wiggle breaks.
- 6/14: 11am-11:45am CST or 4pm-4:45pm CST
- 7/5: 10am-10:45am CST or 5pm-5:45pm CST
- 8/2: 1pm-1:45pm CST or 7pm-7:45pm
The Debate It Forward Big 3 Skills focus on developing and improving our Listening, Thinking, and Speaking skills by building the following micro-skills into our curriculum. They include the following focal points:
- LISTENING: Active Listening, Perspective Taking, Empathy, and Cooperation
- THINKING: Creative Thinking, Logical Reasoning, Problem-Solving
- SPEAKING: Confidence, Story-Telling, Public Speaking