This class explores our fellow species in the natural world and challenges our thinking, listening and speaking skills.
- Kids compare and contrast the strengths of different animals and decide who is truly the king/queen of the jungle. Comparative conversation fosters critical thinking skills, like categorizing differences.
- We learn to apply ethical thinking and perspective-taking by discussing what might make an animal sad and how we can help.
- 6/29: 10-10:45am CST or 5-5:45pm CST
- 7/19: 1-1:45pm CST or 7-7:45pm CST
- 8/16: 11-11:45am CST or 4-4:45pm CST
The Debate It Forward Big 3 Skills focus on developing and improving our Listening, Thinking, and Speaking skills by building the following micro-skills into our curriculum. They include the following focal points:
- LISTENING: Active Listening, Perspective Taking, Empathy, and Cooperation
- THINKING: Creative Thinking, Logical Reasoning, Problem-Solving
- SPEAKING: Confidence, Story-Telling, Public Speaking